Kangana Ranaut, Deepika Padukone, Shilpa Shetty: Who’s Working The Ethnic Drape Better?
Now, we know that where there is any amount of celebrity, there is also an equal amount of glamour. And Umang 2018 was definitely no different!
Like every year, the 2018 Umang Police Show, which took place on Saturday night in Mumbai, was marked by a high dose of celebrity with names like Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut, Anushka Sharma and many, many more. As it would logically follow then, the event was high on fashion too with several stunning style statements coming our way. Incidentally, all ethnic.
While lehengas, kurtis and anarkalis did enjoy their moments at the Umang 2018, Deepika, Kangana and Shilpa Shetty made sure that the traditional Indian drape, aka, the saree, was the winning ensemble of the night. But awe-inspiring looks wasn’t all they gave us, the three also demoed three distinctly gorg ways to don the saree.
Here, take a look…
1. Deepika Padukone Giving Off Goth Vibes…
- Who styled her: Shaleena Nathani
- What she wore: A black organza saree by Sabyasachi Mukherji teamed with a jet-bead-embellished, long-sleeved black blouse
- Accessories: A pair of Zambian emerald studs by Sabyasachi
- Hair: Daniel Bauer
- Makeup: Anil C
2. Kangana Ranaut Going Classic In Kanjeevaram Weaves…
- Who styled her: Ami Patel and Sanjay Kumar Dauhaliya
- What she wore: A traditional emerald green and rust Kanjeevaram saree from Sabyasachi’s Vasanthalaxmi collection teamed with a rust blouse
- Accessories: A vintage South Indian choker crafted out of Burmese rubies, Zambian emeralds and Basra pearls and a pair of matching stud earrings, both from Sabyasachi’s Heritage collection
- Hair: Divya Naik
- Makeup: Loveleen Ramchandani
3. Shilpa Shetty Taking The Contemporary Route…
- Who styled her: Mohit Rai
- What she wore: A beautiful saree by Kiran Uttam Ghosh featuring an embroidered mermaid skirt and a metallic sculptural drape teamed with an embroidered, high-neck blouse
- Accessories: A bold, diamond bracelet by Anmol Jewellers and a couple of statement-making rings by Renu Oberoi
Image Credit: Viral Bhayani and Instagram, Sanjay Kumar Dauhaliya